Popular Programs at Northwestern State University
The Language Company would like to introduce you to our newest host campus, Northwestern State University, in Natchitoches, Louisiana. The university offers more than 50 programs to 9,000 undergraduate and graduate students. Take a look at some of their most popular majors.
- Nursing and Allied Health – Northwestern State University admitted their first baccalaureate Nursing students in 1949. Over the past six decades, more than seven thousand students have received degrees from the NSU College of Nursing, making it the oldest state supported nursing program in Louisiana. Now, the program offers a variety of nursing and health degrees including master’s degrees. The Bachelor of Science in Nursing remains a popular choice for those seeking a health related degree.
- College of Education and Human Development – Founded as a school for teachers, NSU has continued that tradition and continues to churn out many fine teachers. The university offers and array of choices for those that are looking to get into the education field with a Bachelor in Education.
- Engineering Technology – Designated as an Area of Excellence by the Louisiana Board of Regents, the Engineering Technology degree offers a great opportunity for those seeking to learn and work in the engineering field. As the workplace becomes more high-tech and industrial, this program will ensure that you remain on top of all the latest technology and techniques.
- Computer Information Systems – With many regional and national accolades, the Computer Information Systems major is a leading program anywhere. With hands on instruction, quickly changing classes to keep up with new technologies, and theoretical and practical classes, this program will prepare every student for success after university.
- Creative and Performing Arts – The School of Creative and Performing Arts is a popular program for its successful instruction and boundless opportunities to learn and perform There is also a diverse student body that populates the program, giving NSU a strong program which is rooted in ethnic diversity.